L. Suzanne Suggs, PhD, MS, CHES, is Head of the BeCHANGE Research Group and an Associate Professor of Social Marketing in the Institute for Public Communication (ICP). Her principal research focuses on health behavior change communication and social change through Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and innovative communication strategies. Prior to joining the faculty at USI in August 2007, she was Assistant Professor in the Graduate Program in Health Communication, Department of Marketing Communication at Emerson College and Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Public Health and Family Medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts. She has held positions as Research Assistant and Project Coordinator at the Oregon Center for Applied Science (Eugene, Oregon) and as Associate Director of Research at HealthMedia (Ann Arbor, Michigan). She earned her PhD in Health Studies from Texas Woman´s University and a post-doctoral fellowship in the Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Evidence-Based Practice Centre, at McMaster University in Ontario Canada.
She is a co-founder and co-director of the European Social Marketing Association and was on the organizing board for the International Social Marketing Association. She reviews for several leading health communication, health promotion, and health behavior journals, and is on the Editorial Review Board for the Journal of Health Communication. She is also Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Communication Technologies on Human Behavior.
- Accendi i Sensi – Principal Investigator
- Active-8 – Principal Investigator
- Diabetes in Ticino – Principal Investigator
- Digital Persona – Principal Investigator
- FAN – – Principal Investigator
- Games 4 Health – Principal Investigator
- I’m allergic 2 stupid decisions – Principal Investigator
- Moveit! – Principal Investigator
- Moveit! USI – Principal Investigator
- MoveM8 – Principal Investigator
- MyTAMINO – Principal Investigator
- TRIAGE – Co-Investigator