- Rangelov, N. Suggs, L.S., and Marque-Vidal (2016). I did eat my vegetables. Agreement between parent and child food intake diaries. Public Health Nutrition.
- Suggs, L.S., Della Bella, S., Marque-Vidal, P. (2016). Low adherence of Swiss children to national dietary guidelines. Preventive Medicine Reports. Vol. 3 pages 244–249
- Wettstein, D. and Suggs, L.S. (2016) “Is it social marketing? The benchmarks meet the social marketing indicator”, Journal of Social Marketing, Vol. 6 Iss: 1, pp.2 – 17
- Evans, C., Turner, K., Suggs, L.S., Occa, A., Juma, A., and Blake, H. (2016). Developing a mHealth intervention to promote uptake of HIV testing among African communities in the UK: a qualitative study. BMC Public Health. DOI 10.1186/s12889-016-3278-4
- Holly Blake L. Suzanne Suggs; Emil Coman, Lucia Aguirre; Mark E. Batt (2016). Active8! Technology-Based Intervention to Promote Physical Activity in Hospital Employees American Journal of Health Promotion.
- Rangelov, N. & Suggs, L.S. (2015). Using strategic social marketing to promote healthy nutrition and physical activity behaviors to parents and children in Switzerland: the development of FAN. Cases in Public Health Communication & Marketing. Volume 8.
- Moretti R, Cremaschini M, Brembilla G, Fenili F, Gambirasio MN, Valoti M, Bardus, M. Suggs, L.S., Barbaglio, G. (2015, Nov). Is Facebook Effective in Preventing HIV/STDs in Scholarized Adolescents? A Cluster Rct. Austin Journal of HIV/AIDS Research. 2(2): 1016.
- Coman EN, Suggs LS, Coman MA, Iordache E, Fifield J (2015) A Review of Graphical Approaches to Common Statistical Analyses. The Omnipresence of Latent Variables in Statistics. Int J Clin Biostat Biom 1:003.
- Occa, A. and Suggs L.S. (2015). Communicating breast cancer screening with young women: An experimental test of didactic and narrative messages using video and infographics. Journal of Health Communication: International Perspectives
- Fast, I., Sorensen, K., Brand, H., and Suggs, L.S. (2015). Social Media for Public Health: An Exploratory Policy Analysis. The European Journal of Public Health. doi: 10.1093/eurpub/cku080
- Bardus, M., Blake, H., Lloyd, S. & Suggs, L.S. (2014). Reasons for participating and not participating in a e-health workplace physical activity intervention: A qualitative analysis. International Journal of Workplace Health Management. 7(4):229-246
- Coman, E. N., Lin, C. A., Suggs, S. L., Iordache, E., McArdle, J. J., & Barbour, R. (2014). Altering dynamic pathways to reduce substance use among youth: Changes achieved by dynamic coupling. Addiction Research & Theory. doi:10.3109/16066359.2014.892932
- 2014. “Statistical Power of Alternative Structural Models for Comparative Effectiveness Research: Advantages of Modeling Unreliability.” Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods. .
- 2014. “Social Media for Public Health: An Exploratory Policy Analysis.“ The European Journal of Public Health. .
- 2013. “Communicating Genetics and Smoking Through Social Media: Are We There Yet?“ Journal of Medical Internet Research, 15 (9). .
- 2013. “A systematic review of workplace health promotion interventions for increasing physical activity.” British Journal of Health Psychology. .
- 2013. “Effects of text-messaging in addition to emails on uptake of physical activity among university and college employees at UK worksites.” Journal of Health Services Research & Policy, 18 (Supplement): 56-64. .
- 2012. “Short Message Service (SMS) Applications for Disease Prevention in Developing Countries.“ Journal of Medical Internet Research, 14 (1). .
- 2012. “SMS for disease control in developing countries: a systematic review of mobile health applications.“ Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, 18 (5): 273-281. .
- 2012. “Social Marketing in Europe: Exploring new approaches to health and behaviour change.” International Journal of Healthcare Management, 5 (4): 231-232. .
- 2012. “Theory and Model Use in Social Marketing Health Interventions.” Journal of Health Communication, 18 (1): 20-40. .
- 2012. “Social Marketing and Alcohol Misuse Prevention in German Speaking Countries.“ Journal of Social Marketing, 2 (3): 187-206. .
- 2011. “The Web 2.0 and Social Media Technologies for Pervasive Health Communication: Are they Effective?” Studies in Communication Sciences, 11 (1): 119-136. .
- 2011. “Promoting health in a virtual world: Impressions of health communication messages delivered in Second Life.“ First Monday, 16 (9-5). .
- 2011. “Online Tailored Weight Management in the Worksite: Does It Make a Difference in Biennial Health Risk Assessment Data?“ Journal of Health Communication, 17 (3): 278-293. .
- 2011. “European Union public opinion on policy measures to address childhood overweight and obesity.“ Journal of Public Health Policy, 32 (1): 91-106. .
- 2011. ““I’m allergic to stupid decisions”: An m-Health campaign to reduce youth alcohol consumption.“ Cases in Public Health Communication & Marketing, 5, 111-135. .
- 2010. “Strategies for the Social Marketing Mix: A Systematic Review.” Social Marketing Quarterly, 16 (4): 122. .
- 2007. “Are We There Yet? An Examination of Online Tailored Health Communication.” Health Education & Behavior, 36 (2): 278-288. .
- 2006. “A 10-Year Retrospective of Research in New Technologies for Health Communication.“ Journal of Health Communication, 11, 61-74. .
- 2002. “Adoption of communication technologies in a Texas health setting.“ Educational Technology & Society, 5 (2): 69. .
Invited Presentations, Workshops and Seminars
Suggs, L.S., Rechter, J. Leask, J., and Miranda, J. (September 2016). Communicating in Healthcare: Ongoing lessons from the ICT revolution. 12-14 September 2016. Sydney Australia.
Suggs, L.S., (May 2016). Suggestions for Effective Health Communication. Confernence of BAG. Symposium Gesundheitskommunikation – zwischen Gesundheitsförderung und Bevormundung. 26 May 2016. Bern, Switzerland
Suggs, L.S., (November 2015) Keynote: Challenges and opportunities in communicating Complex Health Messages. European Health Literacy Conference, Brussels, Belgium..
Suggs, L.S. (February 2015). Communicating Complex Health Messages. World Innovation Summit for Health. 17-18 February Doha, Qatar.
Suggs, L.S. (January 2014). “The Great and Powerful i: Communication Technology in Global Health”. Breakfast session “Inspiring Smart Choices: Communicating Complexity ?in Public Health for a Better World”. World Economic Forum. Session sponsored by the Center for Global Health and Diplomacy. 22-25 January 2014. Davos, Switzerland.
Suggs, L.S. (October 2013). “Small Bites for Big Appetites: Using social media to promote lifestyle behaviors”. European Obesity Forum, Bucharest Romania. 16-18 October 2013
Suggs, L.S., (September 2013). “Promoting Public Health: The Importance of Social Marketing and Communication”. Health promotion Switzerland, Cantonal Intervention Program Annual Conference. Bern Switzerland. 26 September 2013.
Suggs, L.S., (June 2013). “The Role of Mobile Technologies in Promoting Global Health”. University of Nottingham, Medical School. International Speaker Series. Nottingham UK, 12 June 2013.
Suggs, L.S. (April 2013). “Role of New Media in Community Health Improvement”. International Health Promotion and Communication Symposium, Istanbul Turkey. 9-1 April, 2013
Suggs, L.S. (November 2012). “Social Marketing and New Media: Innovative Approaches to Human Behavior.” Shaping Europe 2020: Socio-economic research conference. Bucharest Romania.
Suggs., L.S., (October 2012). “Social Marketing: A strategic approach to influence vaccination behaviour” Vaccines Forum. European Health Forum Gastein. Gastein Austria.
Suggs, L.S. (May 2012). “Mobile phones for disease control”. eHealth Proof and Practice: Opportunities and Challenges in International Health symposium. Basel Switzerland.
Suggs, L.S. (December 2011). “Famiglia, Attività, Nutrizione (FAN): Using new technologies for diet and physical activity behavior promotion.” Troubles in health diet seminar series. Institut universitaire de medicine sociale et preventive. University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
Suggs, L.S. (June 2011). “Social Media and Health Education.” Drug Information Meeting. London, UK.
Suggs, L.S. (October 2010). “What role does Social Media play in promoting Health Literacy?” Health Literacy in Europe Forum. European Health Forum Gastein. Gastein Austria.
Suggs, L.S. (June 2010). “Tailored health communication: A persuasive strategy for promoting healthy behaviors”. Seminar Series at the Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern. Bern, Switzerland.
Suggs, L.S. (August 28, 2009). Developing a social networking framework for program activities. Workshop sponsored by Health Imperatives, Brockton Massachusetts, USA.
Suggs, L.S. (August 27, 2009) “Social Media in Public Health: How to…, Opportunities…, Challenges…” Workshop sponsored by Health Imperatives, Brockton Massachusetts, USA.
Suggs, L.S. (October 17, 2008). “Using Communication Technologies in Social Marketing Initiatives.” Workshop sponsored by the Regional Center for Healthy Communities (metrowest), The Mass. Partnership for Healthy Communities & the Southeast Regional Center for Healthy Communities. Massachusetts, USA.
Suggs, L.S. (October 8, 2008). “Social Marketing” Workshop sponsored by the Wayside Youth Coalition. Milford, Massachusetts, USA.
Suggs, L.S. (May 28, 2008). “Social Marketing for Effective Health Promotion Using Innovative Marketing Techniques” Workshop sponsored by the Office of Massachusetts Attorney General. Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
Suggs, L.S. (May 13, 2008). “Social Networking, Blogs, Podcasts, Oh my! How to make the most of New Technologies in Social Marketing.” A workshop sponsored by Regional Center for Healthy Communities Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
Suggs, L.S. (April 26, 2007). “Social Marketing for Effective Health Promotion Using Innovative Marketing Techniques: Moving Beyond Posters and Magnets”. Workshop sponsored by Project Alliance, Middlesex Partnerships for Youth, Inc. Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Suggs, L., Natalie Rangelov, Mallely Rangel Garcia, and Lucía Aguirre Sanchez. 2013. “FAN – Famiglia, Attività fisica, Nutrizione: Ticino Switzerland’s campaign for healthy weight.” In Social marketing, from tunes to symphonies, edited by Gerard Hastings and Christine Domegan, Routledge, UK.
- Suggs, L. Suzanne and Scott Ratzan. 2012. “Global E-health Communication.” In The Handbook of Global Health Communication, edited by Rafael Obregon and Silvio Waisbord, 251. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Suggs, L. Suzanne, Rangelov, Natalie, Andreas Schmeil, Aurora Occa, Bardus, Marco, Olga Radchuk, and Sepideh Dianat. “Suggs, L.S., Rangelov, N., Schmeil, A., Occa, A., Bardus, B., Radchuk, O. & Dianat, S. (forthcoming). E-Health Services.” In The International Encyclopedia of Digital Communication and Society,, Wiley Blackwell.